Build Your Business on a Strong Legal Foundation
Smarten up your startup or your existing business with thoughtful, experienced advice from experts in business law, including:
- Business entity formation of LLCs, corporations, S-corps
and partnerships in various states and US territories
- Commercial litigation of business disputes
- Contract preparation and negotiation
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Security agreements and UCC filings
- Trademark filings
- Copyright filings
- Business entity dissolution
- Partnership dispute resolution
- Entity Conversions
- Business asset protection
Experts in Insurance Law Who Prioritize and Defend Your Interests.
The team of NYC attorneys at Jaffe & Velazquez, LLP are experts in insurance law. We champion creative, aggressive strategies on coverage issues and offer a full suite of services and strategies to help insurance companies combat fraud. Our lawyers practice in courts of many jurisdictions and are also proficient in the time- and cost-saving procedures of alternative dispute resolution.
Since 1989, our attorneys have handled a wide range of insurance law matters, including:
- Personal injury protection
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
- Bodily injury defense
- Assistance in establishing your rights in declaratory judgments
- Strategies to get your money back in subrogation
- Plus, many other additional insurance law services
Will, Trust, & Estate Law
Take Proactive Steps to Protect Your Loved Ones.
One of the best ways to protect your family in the future is to take a proactive approach to wills and estate planning today. There is no substitute for professionally prepared legal documents that clearly outline your plans. Together, our compassionate and expert attorneys will help you do just that.
In addition to wills, trusts, and estate planning, our talented team of NYC lawyers also litigate disputed estates, trusts, and guardianships.
We offer a suite of estate-related services including, but not limited to:
- Wills and living wills
- Powers of Attorney
- Health care proxies and advance directives
- Probate and administration
- Surrogate court litigation
- Will contests and disputes
- Life estates
We have qualified attorneys who also receive court appointments as guardian of the incapacitated person, court evaluator, counsel to alleged incapacitated person, and guardian ad litem.
Real Estate Law
Ensuring a Smooth Transition as You Buy or Sell Your Home.
Whether you are buying a new home, or selling your current residence, let Jaffe & Velazquez, LLP help you navigate the complex real estate laws in New York State – and beyond.
Our experienced team of attorneys are with you at every step of the real estate buying or selling process, from initial offer to closing. The real estate law services we provide include:
- Review and render advice involving the terms of initial offers
- Coordinate any necessary issues with the real estate broker
- Review the impact of home inspection results
- Write, review, and/or negotiate terms of a purchase or sale agreement
- Hold down payment funds in escrow
- Procure and/or review title insurance and report
- Review of bank commitment
- Analyze financial adjustments and costs in preparation for closing
- Draft post-closing possession agreement
- Prepare and review new deed and tax forms
- Draft closing statement and attend the final closing with you
The Support You Need. The Compensation You Deserve.
If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligent or intentional act, you may be entitled to money damages. Our team of expert trial lawyers can help put you on the path to the recovery you deserve. We have handled claims in the following areas of tort taw:
- Workplace harassment
- Copyright infringement
- Slip and fall
- Workers’ compensation
- Medical malpractice
- Legal malpractice
- Construction Accidents
Recovering or Protecting What’s Rightfully Yours.
In today’s tough economy, it is imperative to ensure that you are not leaving any money on the table as a business owner or contractor. The NYC attorneys of Jaffe & Velazquez, LLPcan assist you in recovering any monies to which you may be entitled.
We can help you seek bank account attachments and levies, and execute the seizure and sale of personal property.
There are also times when it’s important to protect your assets from collections as well. Our expert lawyers can also help shield both personal and business assets from any attachments, levies, or seizures.
Our Priority: Keeping Your Intellectual Property Safe and Secure.
Located in the heart of the entertainment industry, our team of NYC attorneys are experienced in entertainment law. We represent filmmakers, artists, writers, art dealers, and other creative individuals and business entities in the tri-state area: from New Jersey to Long Island.
From contract law to securities law, intellectual property to trademarked material, the attorneys of Jaffe & Velazquez, LLP are experts in protecting your rights as an entertainer or creator.
Entertainment law is complex and you deserve an attorney who understands all layers of the law: international, federal, and state. We can handle everything from preparation and contract negotiation to in-court litigation.
Your Partners in Navigating the Ever-Changing Immigration Laws
The landscape of immigration law is constantly shifting. You must have an attorney at your side who can guide you through the complexities of immigration law. Our immigration attorneys at Jaffe & Velazquez, LLP are specialists in this process. We stay up-to-date on federal policies to provide our clients with the best option for their unique situation.
Our attorneys speak a number of different languages such as Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Nepali, Hindi, and Italian. If you speak a language not listed here, we can arrange for translation services. Our immigration law services include:
- Adjustment of status
- Family petitions
- Deferred action
- Deportation proceedings
- Asylum/refugee protection
- Litigation in immigration court
- Bond motions dealing with Board of Immigration Appeals